Thursday, May 26, 2011

Playstation 3 Warranty

Playstation 3 Warranty :

Below are some questions and answer from the forums about playstation 3 warranty :
I just bought my PS3 80G version on Christmas eve, how long is the warranty only 1yr?
I am loving it btw...
I've been hearing rumors around the net about Sony extending the warranty period to 2 yrs is this true?
My friend bought a 360 and told me his warranty is 3 yrs.
I can't even by an extended warranty from ToysrUs they don't sell extended warrantys..
Thanks

The warranty on the PS3 is only one year. I haven't seen any news items about them extending it- if they did I'm sure we would have reported on it in the news section.
Microsoft had no choice in their matter- they were getting that many people reporting the ol' "red ring of death" it was fix it for free or alienate quite a few of their customers.


I have kept my 60gb PS3 in Its entertainment center since its purchase. It is known within the PS3 community that the thing is a HUGE dust magnet. I took good care of it...One day I turn it on and put in a disc and it doesn't show up, then it wont eject, finally I get it to eject and I try a blu-ray, nothing, CDs, nothing.

said the customer of this poor PS3. After some minor obstacles with the warranty he was able to RMA his console. 5 days later, Sony calls the guy saying that it has taken pictures inside of his PS3 and it was too dirty to be eligible for replacement, so no warranty. The next day he got a call from the same guy, telling him that there is no way Sony could replace the console unless he pay 150$ out-of-warranty replacement fee? Sorry I'm limited on the front page, you'll need to go to Playstation 3 Warranty or on the source link and continue reading what happens after.

my xbox 360 keeps freezing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...